Sunday, August 29, 2010

SMOKY SAUSAGE CHILI

Homemade chili, self madeImage via Wikipedia


I know, I know it's not quite time for chili yet but this Smoky Sausage Chili recipe caught my eye so I thought I'd post it so you can use it in the months to come.

I really don't enjoy the Winter months but with some hot, steamy chili simmering on the stove it makes it a little easier to handle.
Try this recipe out and let me know how you love it.


INDREGDIENTS:

1 pound of lean ground beef
1 large onion
1 tablespoon of chili powder (I prefer a little more as hot and spicy chili is always what I'm looking for)
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1/2 pound of smoked sausage (again I use the hot stuff as opposed to the mild variety)
1 12-ounce can of kidney beans
1 cup of Pace's picante sauce
1 cup of V-8 vegetable juice
1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce

PREPARATION:

Brown the ground meat with the onion in a large sauce pan or a dutch oven.  Sprinkle the chili powder and cumin over the meat while it is cooking and stir it for about 2 minutes.

Slice and quarter the smoked sausage.

Add all of the remaining ingredients and bring everything to a boil.  Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.  Be sure to add a little water if it gets too thick.  Don't want it to burn now, do we?

That's it.  Simple, quick and really really great on a cold Winter day.  Now go sit in front of your fireplace, bring along a good book and watch the snow through your window.  If you're like me that's as close as I want to be to the outside.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: